Amazon Cellfire CoolSavings Coupons SwagBucks DiscountedNewspapers RedPlum SundayCouponPreview UPromise

Teaching scenarios at Walgreens and spreading the love…

Friday, May 01, 2009 Hand-posted by Jennifer

I stopped into Walgreens real quick last night to pickup some freebies & had a teaching trip!  I ended up teaching my granny and a customer behind me, gave away a freebie, AND complimented my cashier!

I’m going to skim over the details of how I taught my granny the checkout process at Walgreens on to the 050109 Walgreenspoint where I am doing my multiple transactions.  So…

As I was paying for my transactions I was chatting with Ashley, my lovely cashier, and showed her the Breeze meter that I had just paid for in Pharmacy and that I had made a $5 profit.  (She and I chuckle about the moneymaker items that I buy when I checkout at her beauty counter.)  As I paid for all my transactions with multiple RR’s and pocket change the lady behind me asks, “Uh, where do you get all those coupons and pay so little?”  {I LOVE hearing questions like this!}

At this point, Ashley, pipes in a little spiel in her ever so cute sales voice about the Register Reward program.  {Confused look from lady}  So I politely hold up the body wash and explain a scenario for her to buy the body wash in one transaction and then turn around and use the coupon she receives to pay for the items in her buggy thus allowing her to get the item for FREE and still get the rest of her stuff for the same price.

Now, here is where she points to the Breeze meter and asks, “and how do you get these for FREE?”  I explain how there are coupons for meters in the paper all the time and asked if she knew a diabetic.  After hearing that her husband was a diabetic I told her she could have the meter.  {shocked look from her}  “No, really.  You can have it”, I said.  {Still shocked} “Thank you, and where do I get the body wash so I can buy it too?” So, I told her and gave her my business card that I got for FREE from VistaPrint. (LOL, hooked already!)

So, I felt great leaving the store after I had not only taught my granny how to work the Wags system but was also able to donate an FREE item to someone and let them in on how to get FREE stuff by rolling RR’s.

Oh, and I also emailed Walgreens corporate about my sweet cashier Ashley because she is always such a jewel!  If you have a great experience with your cashiers then I suggest you send some praise their way.  The cashier’s at Walgreens get cute little stars for their badge when someone gives them compliments. Awww...

2 comments:

  1. arcurifisher said...

    I have a question at walgreens today I purchased 4 items I had 4 register rewards and one normal coupon. She said I couldn't use the normal coupon or i had to take away one RR coupon. You can only use one coupon per item. Is this true?

  2. Jennifer said...

    Yes, but no worries. A register reward is considered a coupon and attaches itself to an item but all you need to do is purchase a small filler item for it to attach to. Scan the clearance rack or grab some candy. Mine has a bin with chocolate 3/$.99 at the register and I've been getting $.10 Easter candy lately.

Post a Comment

Leave me a question or a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!