Amazon Cellfire CoolSavings Coupons SwagBucks DiscountedNewspapers RedPlum SundayCouponPreview UPromise

Email Readers: What time should email feeds go out?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 Hand-posted by Jennifer

I’d like some input from my Feedburner Email Readers:  What time do you like seeing Feed updates?

I wanted to spotlight Ginger at Adlib Corner Blog School real quick.  She shared one of my posts recently on her new site here and she just made an interesting point in one of her topics today about Email Feeds.

My email feed is setup to deliver at 5pm EST each day and I never put any thought into why I chose that time.  I think it was about 5 o’clock one day when I set it up so it seemed like a good idea.  I don’t remember.

Anyways, Ginger pointed out that a good majority of the population is on the Eastern side of the United States and by setting up Feedburner to deliver between 3-5 am it would catch most people who get up of the morning to checkout their emails.  You’re not losing information based on what time it goes out, I’m just curious what the majority of my Coupon Mommie population says. (LOL)

Thoughts anyone? 

2 comments:

  1. Melissa said...

    Good question! I personally like the feed going out at night to give a summary of today's freebies, bargains, etc. When I get them the next morning, it feels like I'm getting them late.

    I have mine set up to go out between 5-7 pm.

  2. Mamabelle said...

    I hate reading about a good deal that happened yesterday. Of course, though, you can only post things as fast as you find out about them.

    Overall, I think I'd prefer earlier in the day, maybe even around 2-4. Also, those who can check their email at work have a chance to consider a stop on the way home to pick up a certain deal.

Post a Comment

Leave me a question or a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!