Amazon Cellfire CoolSavings Coupons SwagBucks DiscountedNewspapers RedPlum SundayCouponPreview UPromise

Lost Art of Canning: Strawberry Jam Tutorial

Monday, May 03, 2010 Hand-posted by Jennifer

image image image

 

My wonderful friend Gabrielle posted a great step-by-step tutorial for canning Strawberry Jam that you should checkout.  She throws in alot of helpful comments about this-or-that tricks she has picked up from experience.  Stop over and Check it out.

As a little girl I can remember the wonderful canned tomatoes that my Granny would can each year.  She would stir them up with elbow macaroni and I was one happy little girl.  I miss her canned tomatoes.  Since her death my family really hasn’t canned that much and one of my goals this year was to expand my garden and start canning more of what it produces.

Now, remember the Ball Fresh Taste of Summer House Party I mentioned back in March?  They should be announcing the finalists soon.  I can’t wait to hear!  Praying I love the concept of this particular House Party because it goes beyond just marketing a wonderful product to your friends because it helps you & your friends learn how to carry on a tradition of the past.

Gabrielle pointed out in her post that “Canning is becoming a lost art” and it’s true.  Many people might try to say that they don’t can because they may not have a garden.  And…?  Ever think of canning some of those fruits and vegetables from the grocery store or famers market when you find them at rock bottom prices?  Well, why not?  Point being, you don’t have to have a garden to can...just a kitchen.  Nuf said. 

I really hope you head over to checkout Gabrielle’s tutorial about How to make Strawberry Jam and give your hand a try with canning this summer.  Like I said, it’s one of my goals and I’m looking forward to carrying on a tradition of the past with my friends!

4 comments:

  1. a busy mom getting through life said...

    are you going to be canning anything else this yr? Thanks

  2. Gabrielle said...

    What a sweet link up, Jennifer! Thanks for that!! It brightened my day!

    I'll be canning all sorts of things this year--green beans, tomatoes, relishes, pickles, jams and jellies, beets, I even plan to try my hand at making homemade mustard for the first time. ;)

  3. Jennifer said...

    Busy Mom ~ I'm planning the same as Gabrielle mentioned except I'm not a beet person. Elch!

    Gabrielle ~ Glad I could make you smile! Consider yourself in debt to invite me to your next canning party so I can jam with you. :) That or any other excuse we can get together, it's about time.

  4. Gabrielle said...

    It is a plan!

Post a Comment

Leave me a question or a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!