Amazon Cellfire CoolSavings Coupons SwagBucks DiscountedNewspapers RedPlum SundayCouponPreview UPromise

Kroger Shopping Trip 1/12

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 Hand-posted by Jennifer

Quick stop with my son to see if there were any meat on clearance.  There was!

011309 Kroger

Two of the large 5lbs rolls of beef was on clearance for $4 from $8.99.

Now, I don’t like the consistency of the roll meat and avoid it if possible.

BUT…DID YOU KNOW KROGER WILL GRIND MEAT FOR YOU? ANYTHING!

Just think, they slice your cheese and ham and stuff.  Why not grind stuff for you too?

I bought 3 packs of 3ish/lbs of Ground Chuck at $2.49/lb and had them grind it together with the 10lbs of roll Ground Beef. 

Now I have Beef/Chuck hamburger meat at $1.25/lb which is well under my $2/lb limit so I am happy.  So, I will be spending tomorrow cooking, patting, rolling, and whatever else to freeze my behemoth amount of meat.

I got almost 20 lbs of hamburger meat for $25!  WOW!  That’s $1.25/lb.

We cooked some for dinner tonight and as I pulled it from the package it felt so nice.  OK, I’m not a dork but it really did have a slightly different feel – loose and airy.  I will be asking for this personal service alot more often. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a question or a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!